Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Defining a Clear and Specific Requirement is very Important

Defining a Clear and Specific Requirement is very Important

Two Examples---
From 1 week i was struggling for purchasing a small pocket diary. I use the pocket diary to list my ToDo things, so that i can finish all my work.I tried to purchase it but for some reasons i cannot get it. Today morning i got 1 idea. In my room there was lot of xerox papers which are actually ruff papers . I took them , cut them properly and stapled them, and that becomes my new diary (in 5 min.).
then when i analysis i found that my requirement was not clear.
My actual requirement was ---
Bunch of papers which i can keep in my pocket and you it to note.

Second Example----
I saw the popcorn machine in 1 exhibition for the cost of more than Rs.1000 . After some days in "Grahak Peth Pune" , I say 1 small packet of Rs. 10 , to make instant popcorn , by simply heating the contents of that packet.
In this case is also objective is same that "I should able to create in house popcorn "

What I observe is that in most cases our requirements are not specific. if we made them specific then we can get alternate solutions and we will not stuck also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice one!

About Me

PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, India
From India,Working as a senior software engineer